Fall Chapter Business Meeting
October 16, 2010
Community United Methodist Church, Columbia Heights
Called at 12:32 by president Kevin Hennessy
1. Approval of Spring Chapter business meeting minutes: approved, moved Smith, 2nd O'Connell
2. Treasurer's Report: balance $200.51, with $100 deposit due back from Community United Methodist Church
3. Events Chair report (Luloff): SABR Day and the winter informal meeting are scheduled for January 29 at Kevin Hennessy's house.
4. Newsletter report (Thornley): no report
5. Website report (Gregory) no report. Thornley noted that new astandards for the eebsite were adopted at the last board meeting.
6. Membership (Thornley): new members were mentioned. Efforts to involve members in chapter activities continue. In response to a question, it was noted that SABR members either living in the chapter's region or listing themselves as wishing to be considered chapter members presently total 181.
7. Research Committee (Thornley): Work on the convention publication is progressing.
8. Book Club (Mughalian): next meeting is on Dec. 11; the book is Miracle at Coogan's Bluff
9. National Convention 2012 (Thornley): A core committee has been assembled and will commence meetings. A subcommittee will meet with the Twins on Nov. 19 to discuss cooperation.
10. New Business: none
11. Adjournment: approved, moved O'Connell, 2nd Smith
Bob Tholkes, Secretary